“Our in house Centre Cook provides a nutritionally balanced menu prepared on our premises each day. We love the aromas coming from the kitchen, especially the smell of baked goods made fresh daily.”
Children at Explorers are provided with breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late fruit snack.
Healthy, Fresh & Local.
- Our fresh fruit and produce is sourced from our edible gardens and local suppliers.
- All meals follow a menu supported by Nutrition Australia and are prepared fresh on the premises by experienced Centre Cooks.
- All services have fresh fruit bowls available for all children and families upon entry and exit to encourage healthy eating.
- To increase the nutritional benefits, we reduce the amount of white carbohydrates and sugar given to the children. We use a lot of brown rice, wholemeal flour, home made vegetable spreads for toast, etc.
- A progressive approach to meal time is provided to accommodate for individual needs.
- Water is always available and encouraged.
- During various cultural celebrations children have opportunities to help cook special meals for the day. For example, Dumplings during Chinese New Year.
A Typical Day.
Explorers provide a nutritionally balanced seasonal menu that changes every week. An example of a days menu for Explorers children is:
- Breakfast: Healthy Cereals and Toast
- Morning Tea: Stewed Fruit, Muesli and Yoghurt
- Lunch: Lamb or Vegetable Tagine with Fresh Fruit
- Afternoon Tea: Zucchini and Date Wholemeal Loaf
- Late Snack: Fresh Fruit
Allergies and Dietary Preferences
We Value Your Child’s Allergies and Dietary Preferences. We understand there are many children with food intolerances and minor to severe food allergies.
Only food sourced by Explorers is given to children to protect children with allergies. We ask that no outside food is brought into our centres. Alternative menus are available to accommodate allergies and dietary requirements. Common alternate options are dairy free, gluten free & vegetarian. Nuts and eggs are not used in any meals.Centre