- How can I join your waitlist?
If there are no vacancies at the centre of your choice, you may join our wait list. These waitlists are regularly reviewed and families are contacted once a place becomes available.
If you wish to no longer be on a particular centre’s waitlist then you can remove yourself by logging into your waitlist or contacting our Support Services Team on 1300 000 335.
- Where am I on the waitlist?
The waitlist is regularly reviewed and families are contacted and offers sent as soon as a place becomes available.
There is a guideline set by the Department of Education that must be considered when reviewing the wait list to ensure children are placed as a high priority.
- What is your enrolment process?
You will first need to join our waitlist. As soon as a place is available we will send you a Letter of Offer with all the details on the enrolment process. For further information refer to our Handbook
- How do I book a tour?
Please call out Waitlist team on 1300 000 335 and we can book your tour.
Alternatively you can request a tour by filling our book a tour form
- How can I book orientations for my child?
Once you have accepted your Letter of Offer and paid your bond we will contact you to arrange your three orientation sessions
Fees & Child Care Subsidy
- How do I apply for Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?
This is done through Centrelink. You will need a MyGov online account and a Centrelink online account.
Follow the steps here
- Do I need to apply for CCS for my second child?
Yes, even though you may have been approved for one or more children, you will need to lodge an additional claim when another child starts care
- How do I confirm my CCS?
You will need to log into your MyGov or Centrelink app. You will have a task to complete which will be to confirm your enrolment with Explorers.
If there are any issues please contact Support Services on 1300 000 335, rather than selecting the dispute button.
Once you confirm the enrolment you will also need to notify Support Services by emailing the centre email or calling 1300 000 335.
- How can I contact Centrelink?
The Centrelink Families number is 136 150 this line is open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm.
Other contact numbers can be found here
- How do I cease or modify my booking?
Please email your centre, you are required to give Explorers Early Learning 4 weeks’ notice to cease care or modify your booking.
- How do I book a casual day?
Please contact your centre directly to check availability.
- How do I book a make-up day?
Please contact your centre director or director in training for this request.
- How do I notify an absence or holidays?
Please email your centre email for any absences. Holidays require four weeks’ notice in order to apply the holiday discount.Attending families that would like additional days / change days or add siblings placed as a high priority.
Please contact Support Services Team on 1300 000 335 if you would like more information on your waitlist.
- Do you offer 3 and 4 year old kinder?
Most of the Explorers locations offer both a 3 and 4 year old kinder program
- How can I claim the Kinder funding for my child?
Kinder funding for your child is for the year before they go to school. In a long day centre, such as Explorers, kindergarten funding is given to fund a bachelor qualified teacher within our service. This is not a funding which results in a reduction of fees as it may do in a council or community run kindergarten.
For more information please follow the link below to the Victorian State Government Education and Training website.
- How can I contact my child’s centre?
When you call you centre’s direct number you will get the auto attendant.
This will give you three options. Option 1 is for waitlist and Admin – this takes you to head office, Option 2 takes you to your child’s room – you will need to select the room from this list. Option 3 takes you to the centre directly. Contact details here
- What time is my centre open?
The opening times vary for each centre. Click here to locate your centre’s opening hours.
- What will the centre provide for my child?
The centre supplies the following:
- Nappies + Wipes
- Children’s bedding
- All meals including breakfast (from centre opening to 8am), morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea & a late snack
- Bottles and S26 formula
- What do I need to bring?
Children need to bring their own bag to the centre each day. This bag will be placed in your child’s locker. The following items will need to be included in the bag:
- Alternative milk bottles and formula/ breast milk (if required). We provide cow’s milk at our centres.
- Security/comfort items
- Reusable water bottle filled with water only. This bottle will be returned home at the end of each day for cleaning
- A complete change of clothes (For children being toilet trained, three sets of clothes and a pair of shoes.)
- Our Sun Smart policy requires children to wear hats when playing outside, (Legionnaire hat is required from the start of September to the end of April. Baseball caps do not offer enough protection and are therefore not recommended).
- A warm jumper, woolly hat and coat for cooler weather
- Nappy Cream (if required)
- The Explorers Wet Bag for children’s dirty / wet clothing