Last Updated: 27th May 2021
This morning the Victorian Government announced State-wide, 7-day lockdown restrictions, with affect from 11.59pm on 27th May, 2021.
Acting Premier James Merlino has advised that childcare and kinder will remain open for all families.
We are still waiting to hear more information from the Victorian Government to understand how the latest restrictions will impact the operation of early learning services as they remain open.
At this stage, we have been informed there will be no restrictions on the attendance of children.
Please let us know if your child will be absent
As the government has made no provisions to waive the gap fee, Child Care Subsidy (CCS) rules will remain the same should families voluntarily keep children home.
Please notify us if you choose to keep your child at home. The best way to do this is to mark your absences in the XAP app. You can also notify your absences via email [email protected] or call us on 1300 000 335.
Please click here for a step-by-step guide on how to notify an absence in the Xap App.
We also would like to remind families of the following:
- Sanitise the hands of your child and yourself when entering the centre.
- Everyone entering the centre is required to have their temperature are screened at the point of entry.
- Ensure you sign-in on entry using the QR Code.
- Maintain social distancing and minimise touching surfaces where possible whilst at our Centre.
- If you have visited any exposure sites listed on the DHHS website, please get tested & isolate.
- If your child or any household member is unwell, please remain at home. Any child who presents with cold and flu symptoms will be sent home and a covid test or doctor’s clearance will be required to return to the centre.
We have prepared some commonly asked questions below
In response to the 2020 lockdowns in Victoria, all children attending Victorian childcare centres have been given an additional 45 days of allowable absences. These days are in addition to the existing 42 allowable absences for the 2020-2021 Financial Year. This means children currently have 87 days of allowable absence for the 2020-2021 Financial Year.
We will let you know if the annual allowable absences are increased due to this latest lockdown.
At this stage, the government is not allowing us to “waive the gap fee”. Therefore, full fees will apply.
Yes, you will need to get a temperature check when you enter our Centre, using our temperature check kiosk. Please ensure you print the temperature check sticker and wear it through the Centre.
Yes, all families must wear a mask at the Centre.
Children under age 12 are not required to wear a mask.
Educators are not required to wear masks whilst caring for children, however, they are still required to wear masks outside the classroom. At this stage we are encouraging staff to wear masks in the classroom but not enforcing it.
We will continue to monitor the cases and may choose to enforce educators wear masks if the daily community transmission increases.
- We are bringing back the temperature check stickers. No-one is allowed to enter the Centre unless they are wearing a temperature check sticker.
- Families must wear masks at the Centre.
- Hand sanitiser is available through the Centre. We ask that families sanitise their hands before entering.
- As always, sick children or staff are not permitted to attend the Centre.