Childcare Centre Chef
Our Beaconsfield centre are seeking a passionate chef to join the the team!
19th November, 2023As our Centre Chef at Explorers Beaconsfield, you’ll be responsible for preparing nourishing meals for our young explorers, providing them with the energy they need to grow, learn and play.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare fresh and nutritious meals on-site, in line with our seasonal menu.
- Accommodate allergies and intolerances with tasty alternatives.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly workspace.
- Ensure strict compliance with food safety standards.
- Demonstrate strong time-management and attention to detail.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanour, ensuring positive interactions with children, families and centre team.
- 50% childcare fee discount*
- Flexible work opportunities
- On-site parking
- Supportive team in a vibrant environment
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Exciting Culture Club Events
- Recognition and rewards
- Generous referral bonuses*
- Paid first aid renewals*
You will have:
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Food Handlers’ or Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Valid Working with Children Check (Employee)
- Experience working in a childcare centre (preferred)
- Experience preparing meals for children with allergies, including anaphylaxis, and other dietary requirements
- Australian working rights – Visa/Passport
Explorers Early Learning is a family-owned and operated business with 19 childcare Centres across Melbourne. Our beautiful, purpose-built Centres and enriching learning environments reflect our commitment to delivering exceptional care and education.
We strongly believe in nurturing the growth and potential of our team members, and we're dedicated to providing a clear career path for those who share our passion for early childhood education.
Join our team and become a leader in the sector, delivering authentic Reggio Emilia-inspired, quality early education.
Explorers is committed to being a flexible, safe, equal, and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
We encourage applications from people who are from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, and cultural background.