Our Educators work alongside our children to research, create, discover, play and inquire within a diverse range of learning experiences initiated by and tailored to each child’s stage of development and their personal interests.
The Explorers Curriculum
- Is based on a cycle of observation, analysis & planning to promote children’s interests, learning & development.
- Is guided by the National Quality Standards (NQS), the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Victorian Early Years Learning & Development Framework (VEYLDF).
- Takes a Reggio inspired approach, recognising children as social beings from birth.
Each room at Explorers runs an educational program that is tailored to meet the needs of both the children’s interests, strengths and developmental levels. Each child has an active online portfolio which captures individual and small group experiences. The following is also available in each room:
- Mind maps outlining the rooms projects and interests
- Program plan
- Modifications on learning spaces and experiences
- Program evaluations
Educators set up learning experiences within both the Indoor and Outdoor Environment with the intent for children to learn through their play. Educators extend on children’s learning through intentional teaching strategies, such as providing provocations and open ended resources.
Each room has learning experiences to promote the below areas of development:
- Maths and Literacy Concepts
- Independence and Responsibility
- Culture and Community
- Physical Wellbeing
- Nature and Environment
- Science and Discovery
- Creative Expression
- Sensory Play
- Communication and Social
- Imaginative and Dramatic Play
For more information, have a look at our Curriculum pages: